DENTAL IMPLANTS MADE AFFORDABLE
In spite of improved dental care, many people will lose one or more teeth during their lifetime. Tooth loss can be embarrassing and upsetting, resulting in loss of self-esteem and it can affect your ability to eat properly. Even losing a single tooth can negatively impact your dental health which is why it is so important to replace missing teeth as soon as you can.
Although the initial cost of dental treatment is a little higher than other options, in the longer term you will save money and you’ll love having strong, stable teeth that look great. Don’t forget you can comfortably spread the cost of treatment with our convenient payment plan options. Why not call us today, or book online and take that first step towards getting the most advanced and very best treatment with affordable pricing to restore your dental health and your smile.
Explaining Dental Implants Procedure:
A traditional dental implant treatment consists of three separate components. The first component is the implant post that is inserted directly into the jawbone during a short surgical procedure and which artificially replaces your tooth root. Placing a single tooth will only take about an hour and don’t worry, as we will make sure you are comfortable. Afterwards, you will be fine to go back to work the same day. If you are concerned at the thought of surgery, we can use sedation dentistry.
Generally, the post is then left to begin a process called osseointegration, where it will fuse with the surrounding bone so it is held firmly in place. This normally takes three months. During this time, we can supply a temporary restoration so you won’t be left without a smile. Next, an abutment is attached to the post and this protrudes above your gums and is used to support a new restoration. Single tooth implants can support single dental crowns, while multiple can support fixed dental bridges or removable dentures.
There are many different types of dental systems that can be used so this is just a very brief overview of treatment. An initial consultation with us here in our Beaverton office of Definition Dental will let you discover all your options.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
We know some people are deterred from seeking this treatment because it can take several months to complete and the initial costs are a little higher, but we also know the long-term benefits far outweigh these arguments. When properly cared for, teeth implants could last for many years or even for life, making this a cost-effective solution.
1) Improved Appearance: Dental implants look more natural than removable dentures in appearance and more attractive. They imitate the feel like natural teeth. Since implants fuse to bone, the implant is permanent and non-removable.
2) Improved Confidence: Removable dentures can become loose and can move and cause embarrassment for the wearer. With the dental implant, a person can feel confident that teeth will not move.
3) Comfort and Convenience: Removable dentures can cause sore spots in the mouth under the denture. With a dental implant there are no sore spots. Removable dentures are inconvenient because they require removal at night and for cleaning. They require messy adhesives, another product to have to have on hand. Patients with dental implants do not have to deal with these issues.
4) Durability: Implants have a very high rate of success and durability. They last many years. With good care, implants can last a lifetime.
5) Improved Eating: Removable dentures can move during eating and can make it a complicated and unhappy activity. The ability to chew foods improves dramatically with dental implants. Dental implants work like natural teeth making eating an enjoyable and easy experience.
6) Improved Taste: A full upper removable denture covers the roof of the mouth. Food is more difficult to taste and enjoy. With an implant-supported prosthesis, the roof of the mouth is not blocked and food can be tasted fully.
7) Improved Nutrition and Health: Many foods cannot be eaten with removable dentures. With a dental implant, people are able to eat a diet that includes all necessary food groups for improved nutrition. Chewy and crunchy foods such as carrots, lettuce and apples can be added to the diet without worry.
8) Improved Speech: Removable dentures can make pronouncing some words difficult. The teeth can slip within the mouth causing mumbling or slurring of words. With dental implants normal speech is usually not a problem and patients can feel confident that the teeth will not slip during conversation.
9) No Chance of Loss: Removable dentures can be easily lost. Dental implant supported prostheses cannot be removed and misplaced.
10) Bone Growth: Gradually removable dentures become more difficult to wear because of this bone loss. The ridge gradually wears away providing less and less ridge to support the denture. Dental implants act like natural teeth and help in bone stimulation and growth.
Benefits to Self-Esteem and Self-Confidence:
With this treatment, you can enjoy having teeth that look and feel just like your own. They will be held firmly in place and are designed to restore full function to your mouth so you can bite and chew comfortably and can talk and smile knowing your teeth look great. Crowns and bridges make it easy to forget you ever lost teeth.
Benefits to Dental Health:
When you lose natural teeth, the jawbone that used to surround your tooth roots soon begins to resorb. This destabilizes any adjacent teeth and will affect your bite. Where multiple teeth are lost, facial dimensions change and there is a loss of height between your upper and lower jaw. Additionally, your facial muscles will not be properly supported.
Dental Implants are the only treatment that can halt this bone loss, preserving and protecting your jawbone. They are self-supporting and will help to hold existing teeth in place while spreading the forces created during biting and chewing. Unlike conventional bridges, we will not need to grind down perfectly healthy teeth for support. This helps to protect and preserve your healthy teeth. If you are currently missing multiple teeth, replacing them with implant supported teeth will allow you to eat a more varied diet, potentially improving your nutrition and protecting your general health.
Your Beaverton Dental Implant Specialists
Here at Definition Dental, we can provide all the treatments needed including dental implants in Beaverton to comfortably replace your missing teeth. Our caring dental team will be here to support you every step of the way. Give a call so that we can take a look at your teeth and we can go from there.